|Bullying - Rochester NH Response to NH Bully Law
New Law and Requirements - 14 new Requirements
Board Policy Must Include:
- Statement prohibiting bullying or cyber bullying
- Statement prohibiting retaliation or false accusations
- All pupils are protected
- Policy shall be made known to school employees, volunteers, pupils, parents, legal guardians, and vendors
Procedure for reporting bullying
Procedure outlining the internal reporting requirements
A procedure for notification with 48 hours of an incident report
Or a waiver from the 48 hours provision
Procedure for investigation of reports
Requirement for the Principal or designee to develop a response to remediate an substantiated incidents
All substantiated incidents will be reported to the Superintendent
Procedure to communicate with the parents within 10 days of the completion on the investigation
Current School Board Policy: http://www.rochesterschools.com/Webmaster/policy/BookJ/JICK.htm
Rochester Middle School - Bullying Reduction Procedures in Place 2007 - 2013
Bulling is hereby defined as a single significant incident or a pattern of incidents involving a written, verbal, or electronic communication, or a physical act or gesture, or any combination thereof, directed at another pupil which:
- Physically harms a pupil or damages the pupil's property;
- Causes emotional distress to a pupil;
- Interferes with the pupil's educational opportunities;
- Creates a hostile educational environment or;
- Substantially disrupts the orderly operation of the school.
Examples of consequences may include,
but are not limited to:
- Temporary removal from the classroom
- Deprivation of privileges
- Classroom or administrative detention'
- Referral to disciplinarian
- In-School suspension
- Out-of school suspension
Examples of remedial measures my include,
but are not limited to:
- Peer support group
- Corrective instruction or other relevant learning experience
- Behavior assessment
- Student counseling
- Parent conferences
Recommendations from Understanding Bullying
- What if I find out my child is bullying other children ?
- Discipline your child. To discipline means to teach.
- Teach your child bullying is not tolerated.
- Do not allow the child to minimize or excuse the behavior
- Make sure the child accepts responsibility.
- Have the bully take ownership of their actions
- Insist the child make amends. Just apologizing isn't enough
- Get help if the child has emotional problems.
- Create opportunities for your child to do a good deed
- Teach your child to be a good friend.
Bullying Booklet: http://extension.unh.edu/Family/documents/BullyBro.pdf
Rochester NH Response to NH Bully Law