Inside of Spaulding High School and tucked away
on the third floor is a wonderful place.
The Art department comprised of four art rooms with four teachers
and an occasional student teacher. Within these rooms students create, manipulate and explore with
not just their hands and a type of media, but their minds as well.
Please, take a look around our site,and don't be afraid to tell
us what you think!
o use a combination of skills, knowledge and ideas to increase
a sense of self and self expression.
- To develop an understanding of the elements of art
and the principles of design.
- To increase the awareness of art history, aesthetics,
culture and art appreciation.
- To develop basic art skills in drawing, painting,
design, printmaking and three dimensional work.
- To develop an awareness of art in the environment
and how art is interrelated with many other aspects of our
- To build a foundation for continuing art practice.