Show submenu for Explore
Show submenu for Our District
Show submenu for Computer Information Center
Show submenu for For Parents
Show submenu for Bus Information
Show submenu for For Staff
Show submenu for School Board
Show submenu for Programs
1. Students are NOT permitted to smoke on any school bus at any time. This includes all charter trips.
2. Students are NOT permitted to use any profane language. Obscene gestures, excessive noise, fighting, wrestling, or acts of physical aggression will not be tolerated.
3. Students MUST keep head, hands, feet, etc. inside the school bus at all times.
4. Once a student has boarded the bus, he/she may not get off except at his/her destination.
5. Students may ride only on the bus to which they have been assigned and board and or exit ONLY at their assigned stop.
6. Students must be seated and are not permitted to change seats when the bus is in motion, or to annoy other riders on the bus.
7. Students MUST stay in their seat until the student has reached their designated stop, AND the bus has come to a complete stop. Emergency doors are for emergencies only.
8. Students need to take a seat promptly when getting on the bus.
9. The law allows and students are expected to sit 3 passengers per seat.
10. Students are NOT permitted to eat food or drink beverages on the bus.
11. Students are NOT permitted to mark up or deface the bus in any way.
12. Students and their parents will be held responsible for any and all damage to the bus.
13. Students may NOT throw things in the bus, at the bus, or out of the bus.
14. Students must always cross the street in front of the bus.
15. Students must be at their bus stop before the bus arrives. The driver will not wait at the bus stop for students who are not at the bus stop.
16. The driver is authorized to assign seats to any student at any time.
17. Anything that would create a safety hazard for the passengers, or the vehicle, will not be permitted.
18. The school bus driver is in complete charge of the school bus and the students must follow the directions given by the driver.
19. Only authorized riders will be permitted on the buses.
20. Students walking on the roadway to a bus stop should always walk on the left of the roadway on the shoulder of the road facing traffic and shall not run alongside the bus when it is moving.
21. Where a bus travels both ways on any given road, pick-ups will be made on both sides of the road. If the bus travels only one way on a road, pupils will wait on their own side of the road until the bus comes to a complete stop. At that time, the pupils will cross in front of the bus while the red flashing lights are blinking.
22. Students crossing the roadway to board a bus shall walk, not run.
23. Students shall not place lunch boxes or other objects in the aisle of the bus.
24. There will be no liquor or drugs of any kind on the bus.
25. There shall be no throwing of snowballs or other objects at school buses at any time.
26. No student shall be put off the school bus while traveling to and from school. Parents shall be notified and the daily trip completed before the student can be removed from the transportation service.
27. The school bus is an extension of the school, and all school rules and regulations which pertain to student conduct in the schools are applicable to student conduct on a school bus.
28. Failure to abide by these rules will mean:
A. A written warning notice will be issued by the school bus driver to the student and the student's parents with a copy for:
a. The School Bus company;
b. The School Principal;
c. The Superintendent's office
B. The School Principal will have a conference with the student.
Further rule violations may mean:
D. A personal conference with the student, parent, School Principal, and Assistant Superintendent.
E. Suspension from riding the school bus: The Principal will make the decision to suspend a student from riding on the school bus (N. H. - R.S.A. 189:9-a) based upon the recommendations received from the School Bus Driver, School Bus Company, and/or others close to the situation. The suspension will be for a period of time appropriate for the rule violation.
For severe rule violations:
F. The Assistant Superintendent may extend a student's bus suspension.